A small group of people in 1913 in Baltimore applied to charter a Lodge of the Theosophical Society in America (TSA). The charter was signed in 1916.
Later the Lodge purchased the three-story building at 523 North Charles St, in the Mount Vernon neighborhood of Baltimore, just a block south of the Washington Memorial , half a block from the Walters Gallery of Art and the Peabody School of Music. Programs and meetings of the Lodge have continued in that building since then. Program topics cover a wide-range of issues and ideas, all in keeping with the Theosophical Society’s three declared objects.